Archive Feature

General discussion about Sick Beard or related topics

Archive Feature

Postby PolarBear » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm sorry, I have searched and read the few threads containing "archive" in them but they seem to be written as if the reader knows how archiving works. I don't so would someone please point me to a good tutorial of the archive feature or explain it to me here.

Thanks
PolarBear

Re: Archive Feature

Postby PolarBear » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Someone has to know about the archive feature.... don't they ?
PolarBear

Postby dtrobson099 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 pm

The way it seems to work is that you set only the qualities you consider acceptable for archival.

You don't get a second copy of the file.

Basically, I think it works this way. After the show airs, you'll get SD TV, HD TV, 720P Web-DL, etc, but probably not SD DVD or 720P BluRay, etc. Once that comes in, SB starts hunting for your approved archive qualities on a daily basis, so that when the season comes out on BluRay, you'll get an upgrade in quality.

Thus I have set my global settings thusly:

Initial

SD TV
SD DVD
HD TV
720 Web-DL
720 BluRay

Archive

SD DVD
720 BluRay

I have a lot of shows that are downloading from backlog, so I may just get the DVD/BluRay quality right off the bat. But when I get my "final" copy of a show that is currently airing, I want it to come right from the DVD/BluRay release, so it's free of watermarks, weather alerts and network promos. After that, SB can stop looking, because I shouldn't need to upgrade it again.

Not that SB won't upgrade a file just based on the initial quality settings. I just don't think it considers the download "archived" until it has the appropriate quality from that table.
dtrobson099

Postby PolarBear » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 pm

oh oh wow I had it in reverse lol

I was thinking that archiving would be used to grab the smaller versions so that it wouldn't take up alot of disk space.

The key part I was missing though is when "SD DVD or 720P BluRay" comes out that is when SB starting looking for the archive version.

Thanks for clarifying
PolarBear

Return to General